Benefits of Chocolate
Chocolate lovers always have few things to worry like weight gain and many others. But here comes the good news, chocolate has many benefits that can actually allow you to indulge in it. Chocolate is soul as well as mind and body food. Chocolates are becoming famous not only for their unique, rich and sweet taste but also because of the benefits associated with it. Since chocolates are plant derived products, there are many benefits of chocolates. Benefits of chocolates can be counted as below:
- Low cholesterol levels with chocolate: chocolates help in lowering down the levels of LDL or bad cholesterol levels in the blood thus protecting the heart from various diseases. Dark chocolate has also been seen to reduce the risk of failure of heart. Chocolates contain anti-oxidants and flavonoids that allow the arteries and veins to remain flexible. Now, when you get to know that chocolates can actually benefit your heart, you should not just go and grab a bar of chocolate. The quantity that should be consumed to get the benefits of chocolate should always be kept in mind. Also, if the chocolate that you are consuming is high on milk and sugar count, make sure you work out accordingly so that you do not end up gaining weight.
- Rich in anti-oxidants: chocolates are loaded with anti-oxidants, especially dark chocolates. Anti-oxidants play a very important role in neutralizing the damaging effect of free radicals.
- Chocolate helps in improving the function of brain: benefits of chocolates include improved functioning of brain. This is because of the cocoa present in chocolates that improves the flow of blood to the brain. Coco also contains stimulants like theobromine and caffeine that helps in improving the brain function.
- Protection of skin: along with anti-oxidants, flavonols present in chocolates also play important role. Flavonols play an important role in protecting the skin from the damage caused by the sun by improving the flow of blood to the skin. It also increases the density of the skin and plays important role in hydration of the skin.
- Blood sugar: chocolates when eaten in limited quantity can also help in controlling the sugar levels in the blood. Flavonols in the chocolates maintain the healthy blood vessels. Flavanols allow the cells the function normally and reducing the risk of insulin resistance by the cells. It also improves the ability of the body to effectively use the insulin.
- Chocolate prevents complications in pregnancy: benefits of chocolates are also associated with theobromine present in it. Theobromine helps in preventing the complications during pregnancy like preeclampsia.
- Chocolate helps you to feel full: sometimes snacking on chocolate also helps you to loose weight. This is because chocolate gives you a feeling of being full and thus prevents you from overeating. Eating chocolate actually allow you to eat less afterwards.
- Mood enhancer: chocolates are great enhancers of mood. This is the reason girls love to eat chocolates and preferably carry them along with themselves. Chocolates also help in improving the vision.