Almond health benefits are very extensive. Almonds form very rich source of calcium, Vitamin E, phosphorus, magnesium and iron. When compared to other nuts, it can say that almonds are the king of all nuts as they have the maximum number of nutrients packed in them. Almonds are also a source of copper, niacin, selenium and zinc. Almonds are both bitter and sweet and are easily available throughout the year. Both sweet and bitter almonds have different uses. While sweet almonds are edible, bitter almonds are used for making the almond oil which has its own uses. Be it beverage, sweet dish, main course or snacks, almonds find their way through to add flavour in your dish. Almond health benefits are discussed as follows:
- Development of brain: development of brain is the primary health benefit of nuts that we consume in our diet. Almonds have been directly linked to growth of the brain and thus are vital for the children for optimum brain development. Almonds are found to be rich source of two vital nutrients for brain- L-carnitine and riboflavin. These brain nutrients increase the activity of the brain resulting in the formation of the new pathways of neurons. Sweet almond oil benefits include the enhanced nervous system functioning.
- Almonds help in cholesterol regulation: consuming raw almond health benefits include the maintenance of the cholesterol level in the body. Studies have proved that including almonds in daily diet help in increasing the level of HDL i.e. high density lipoprotein which correspondingly reduces the levels of LDL i.e. low density lipoproteins thus keeping the cholesterol level in check. Include almonds in your daily breakfast to make them wholesome healthy breakfast meals.
- Strong bones via almonds: almonds are punch of nutrients and phosphorous is one of it. Phosphorous leads to strengthening of bones as well as teeth and it also helps in delaying the onset of age related bone disorders like osteoporosis.
- Almonds for healthy heart: almonds are rich in mono unsaturated fats, potassium and protein which play instrumental role in keeping the heart healthy. Vitamin E, present in almonds acts as anti-oxidant and thus reducing the risk of heart related diseases. Magnesium on the other hand, helps in avoiding heart attacks. Other almond health benefits include prevention of building up of fatty plaque in the heart arteries by reducing the levels of homocysteine with the help of folic acid.
- Effect on immune system: raw almond health benefits are numerous. Almonds act as building material for the strong immune system of the body. The alkaline materials present in almonds helps in increasing the ability of immune system to keep the diseases at bay. The high amount of Vitamin E also adds up to this effect by acting as strong anti-oxidant and removing the free radicals from the body which are responsible in giving rise to hazardous diseases.
- Almonds in skin care regime: almonds can work wonder on the skin and the sweet almond oil massage benefits the new born babies. Due to world known health benefits of almond milk, they form important component of many soaps as they help in improving the complexion of skin.
- Regulation of the blood pressure with almonds: potassium in almonds acts as key regulating agent in almonds. Also, the low levels of sodium in the almonds help in controlling the fluctuations in the blood pressure.
- Benefits of almonds during pregnancy: since almonds are very good source of folic acid, they are included in the daily diet of the pregnant women. Folic acid helps in reducing the probability of the birth defect in the babies.
- Weight management with almonds: if you are planning a health breakfast meal to reduce weight, including almonds in them is must. Almonds contain mono unsaturated fats which help in satisfying the appetite thus preventing the over-eating.