Health benefits of coffee
Millions of people need coffee to get them out of their bed in the morning. Many thousands need it just before starting the work to get the push and many hundreds just need it to get their day going perfectly. Yes, it is the coffee that drives us through our good and bad days, and we only know how much we love it. Now, we all know that we can not live without this delectable drink and its smell only can lift our mood. What if science proves that there are many health benefits of coffee? Does it not remove the guilt factor that we get every time we lay our hands on the second or third cup of our coffee in a day? Health benefits of coffee include the following:
- Coffee act as energy booster: coffee helps in enhancing the energy levels of the body. Thus our hands are always ready to grab a cup of coffee in long boring meetings or whenever we feel lethargic. Coffee contains natural stimulant called caffeine. Caffeine is the most widely consumed psychoactive stimulant around the world. The caffeine gets easily absorbed in the blood and from there it reaches brain. Caffeine works by inhibiting the neurotransmitter called Adenosine. This correspondingly increases the levels of dopamine and nor epinephrine leading to enhanced activity of neurons.
- Burn fat with the help of coffee: trying to loose weight by using supplements? Have you ever noticed that caffeine is one of the vital components of supplements consumed for burning fat? Here is another health benefit of coffee- it helps in burning the fat of the body. Caffeine enhances the metabolic rate of the body as well. However weight loss coffee effect should not be taken for granted as the coffee alone has very few calories but once we mix it with milk and sugar the calorie count goes up exponentially. Coffee weight loss benefits allow the people on diet to have their favourite drink while avoiding calories.
- Coffee in improving the physical performance: we already know that coffee, rather caffeine increases the level of epinephrine in the body. Epinephrine is commonly known as fight or flight hormone of the body as it prepares the body for intense physical actions. Since caffeine breaks down the fat cells , it leads to release of fatty acids from the cells in the blood. This fatty acid then serves as a fuel for the body.
- Essential nutrients present in the coffee: some people do regard as just black coloured water but there is more to coffee tan just its aroma and colour. Coffee contains many essential nutrients like potassium, manganese, magnesium, niacin, riboflavin and pantothenic acid as well.
- Brain game: moderate drinking of coffee helps in reducing the risk of catching up with diseases like dementia, Alzheimer’s as well as Parkinson’s disease. This seems like most important health benefit of coffee as hundreds of people are getting affected by these diseases daily. Coffee functions by preventing the damage of the brain cells as well as by boosting the neurotransmitters effect.
- Coffee in diabetes: another benefit of drinking coffee is that it helps in fighting against the Type 2 Diabetes. The antioxidants present in coffee, particularly quinides and cholorogenic acid are found to enhance the sensitivity of the cells towards insulin which is the sugar regulating hormone of the body.
- Role of coffee in preventing the heart strokes: coffee has been found to lower down the risk of the disturbances related t the heart rhythm. The anti-oxidants in the coffee also help in suppressing the damaging effect of the inflammation on the heart arteries. However, the coffee should be consumed in the prescribed and controlled quantity only as excessive consumption of coffee can nullify the effect of anti-oxidants.
- Coffee has another health benefits related to liver: It has been found that people consuming moderate amount of coffee have lower risk of liver cirrhosis and other liver related diseases. The anti-oxidants – caffeine and cholorogenic acid reduces the symptoms of inflammation of the liver.
- Coffee relieves from depression: coffee helps you to feel good whenever you feel low. It is one of those drinks, which you can easily trust to lift up your mood, probably because of the antioxidants present in it.
Your coffee has many other health related benefits like using it for enema. Coffee enemas help in cleansing of large intestines and rectum. There are numerous benefits of coffee enema like – it helps in reducing the toxic levels, helps in cleansing of colon, eliminating the parasites from the intestine. Coffee enema benefits also include the detoxification of liver as well as repairing of liver.
If you are a coffee lover, you must be familiar with various types of coffee like espresso, cappuccino, café latte etc. if you are concerned over the caffeine intake in your coffee diet, you can also opt for decaf coffee. Decaffeination is a process that removes the caffeine from the coffee to give to a decaf coffee. Decaf coffee benefits include the following- reducing the risk of diabetes, preventing cancer, protection from various health problems.
What are green coffee beans? They are simple coffee beans that have not yet gone through the process of roasting. Green coffee beans have relatively high amount of cholorogenic acid as compared to roasted coffee beans. Green coffee extract benefits by controlling heart related diseases, weight loss and diabetes. Coffee beans grow inside a fruit called coffee berry. Coffee fruit has its own benefits as it also contain nutrients that are left unused after the extraction of coffee bean. Coffee fruit benefits include cutting down the risk of diabetes, providing antioxidants and protecting against the chronic diseases.
Coffee and the liver health go side by side. Consumption of coffee and liver diseases is related by the fact that moderate consumption of coffee reduces the risk of liver cirrhosis. Patients with chronic liver diseases have been benefited by drinking coffee as its lowers the intensity of cirrhosis.