Health Benefits of Eggs
Eggs are counted among the healthiest food on this planet. Eggs are eaten across the world and in every culture are regarded as highly nutritious food. Eggs are packed with nutrients and thus they are staple breakfast in many countries. Eggs are excellent source of proteins which are the building blocks of muscles, bones, cartilage, skin and blood. Health benefits of eggs are mainly because of the proteins. Proteins also play a vital role in repairing of tissues, formation of enzymes and chemicals in the body. Eggs are counted in smart diet food especially for people who like to loose weight without loosing the protein intake as well as reducing the intake of carbohydrates. The health benefits of eggs are as follows:
- Nutrition boost: eggs are powerhouse of nutrients. A single egg is packed with vitamins like Vitamin A, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin B2. Eggs are also good source of folate, phosphorous and selenium. Apart from these nutrients, eggs contain fewer calories as compared to its proteins content and good fat available in it.
- Eggs are good source of cholesterol: eggs contain high level of cholesterol but this does not means that they will increase the cholesterol level in the body after consumption. After consuming eggs , since the consumption of cholesterol increases, the body balances out this high intake of eggs by producing less cholesterol through liver.
- Eggs help in raising the “good cholesterol”- the health benefits of eggs allows the body to increase the level of HDL or the good cholesterol. HDL is known as High Density Lipoprotein and higher the amount of HDL in the blood, lower is chances of heart related diseases. Thus, eating eggs in your regular diet can actually help you to improve your lipid profile by raising the levels of HDL.
- Source of choline: eggs are good source of choline, a nutrient that is not easily available through regular diet. Choline is required for building the cell membranes. Choline also plays a very important role in production of signal molecules in the brain.
- Eggs for eye health: eggs contain nutrients that help in counteracting the effect degenerative ageing process of eyes. Zeaxanthin and lutein are two important anti-oxidants present in eggs that help in building the retina of the eyes. Including eggs in diet can significantly reduces the risk of various eye related problems like cataract as well as macular degeneration of the eyes. Egg yolks are good source of zeaxanthin and lutein. Since eggs also contain good amount of Vitamin A , they help in preventing the loss of vision or blindness.
- Perfect ratio of amino acids: proteins act as building blocks of the body. Proteins are necessary to build both tissue and molecules and play an important role in structural and functional part of the body. Eggs are good source of all essential amino acids in perfect ratio. Protein rich diet also help in reducing the weight, increasing the muscle mass of the body, lowering the blood pressure and maintaining thee bone health.
- Eggs help in reducing the weight: if you are trying to lose weight and struggling to curb the hunger pangs, try including eggs in your diet plan. Eggs are excellent food source that can give you the feeling of fulfillment. Proteins make them fulfilling in nature. Since eggs help in inducing the feeling of fullness, and are low on calories, they help in reducing the weight.