Beautiful skin is everyone’s dream and it demands lot of efforts and patience. Some people are blessed with it and some have to work hard to earn it. The question is how to get and maintain flawless skin in such busy lives. Busy lifestyles, irregular sleeps, harsh weather conditions, exposing skin to different temperatures leads to destruction of skin cells. The dead cells accumulation on the skin is the prime cause of the skin related problems like acne, sun burning, tanning, rashes etc. Acne is one such skin problem that afflicts every person regardless of the age and gender. However, there is no doubt that women freak out much more after popping up of the pimple as compared to their men counterparts.
Remedies to Cure ACNE
Acne can be cured in many ways – there are thousands of over the counter products available in the market to treat the acne along with the hundreds of the age old homemade remedies for treatment of acne.
- Aspirin help: A lot of women find this easy trick to be really helpful in the treatment of the exposed skin care. Aspirin is one over the counter medicine that is found in almost every household. Make paste of aspirin using water and apply it in the acne spot and leave for overnight for better results.
- Lemon magic: Among many benefits of lemon, acne treatment comes foremost. We all know that lemon helps getting a clear skin. Drinking lemon water with honey acts like an intoxicating agent for your body. Application of lemon on the acne spots helps in improving the skin. Make sure that you follow the lemon regime daily to get the best result for exposed skin care..
- Toothpaste for your skin: We all know the best use of toothpaste is to brush your teeth but do not be surprised if you ever see a women or girl applying toothpaste on their face, particularly on the acne spot. It is common belief that toothpaste can help getting rid of the acne overnight by sucking out the impurities from the skin. However, always check the ingredients of the toothpaste as some chemicals can also lead to the irritation of the skin.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera can provide you an all round skin treatment. The Aloe Vera gel can be very easily extracted and stored. Aloe Vera is very good for skin strengthening as well as the healing of the skin. Aloe Vera helps in reducing the after effects of the acne like skin swelling and redness.
- Green Tea: Drinking green tea is fast becoming a trend. Green tea improves the overall health as it acts as an ant oxidating agent, flushing out the toxins from the body. As for the exposed skin care, green tea contains ingredients that can naturally control the acne growth. Since green tea balances the hormone levels it helps in controlling the outburst of the acne. This is the reason that we find that many toning agents and acne control serums contain green tea extracts.
- Oatmeal mask for acne: Oatmeal is another kitchen shelf remedy that can be used for the treatment of acne. Many people make a mask of oatmeal and use it as a face mask or as a bathing salt. Oatmeal helps in soaking up of the excess oil from the skin. It also helps in removing the dirt from the skin.
- Benzoyl peroxide: Benzoyl peroxide is a common chemical present in the acne fighting creams, gels and face washes. It works by fighting the bacteria leading to acne. However, sometimes the use of Benzoyl peroxide can lead to the dryness of the skin. Thus make sure that you use appropriate skin moisturizer along with it to maintain the moisture of your skin.
- Salicylic acid: it is the best unclogging agent that you can use for your skin. Clogging of the skin pores occur due to the accumulation of the sebum released from the oil glands. This attracts the dirt leading to acne. Salicylic acid helps in losing up of the pores and removing the unwanted oil from the skin.
Remedies to Cure SUN BURN
Another common exposed skin problem is sunburn. Sunburn occurs when the skin is left exposed to the ultra violet rays of the sun for the long periods. Though, sunburn is common in summers, it can also occur in winters when we like to soak up the in the sun and do not pay attention to the time periods for which our skin is left exposed to the sun rays. When skin is left exposed to the sun rays, it produces a pigment called melanin. Melanin is a dark colored pigment that coats the outer layer of the skin and thus protects the inner and deeper layers of the skin from the harmful UV rays. Melanin is also responsible for the tanning of the skin. Exposed skin care for sunburn can be done in numerous ways – from using the kitchen shelf products to the medications available in the market. Here are few ways that can come handy when you are suffering from the sunburn.
- Soothing potato: Potatoes are well known for the pain relieving properties. Potatoes also help in reducing the skin inflammations. You can use potato in any form you like – be it a paste or slices or you can even juice it up and apply on your skin with the help of cotton or gauze.
- Milk magic: Another way to treat your sun burn at home is with the help of milk. Milk is one of the simplest ways to get relief from the sun burns and other exposed skin issues. Milk helps in soaking up the heat from the skin and also forms a protection layer of protein over the burnt skin. For milk treatment, try to use the chilled milk, soak up a cloth or towel in the milk, drain out the excess milk and drape the towel on your skin. You can keep this milk mask for as long as you want.
- Corn starch and baking soda: Another home treatment for exposed skin care ,particularly for sun burn is the use of corn starch. Both help by soothing the skin and also minimize the red patches on the skin due to sun burn. Just make a paste of corn starch or baking soda using water and apply on your skin.
- Cooling with Tea and Mint: Mint act as a natural cooler and helps in soothing the sunburn. Similarly green tea, with the properties of the bromine and tannic acid, provide relief from the pain. Green tea also works in healing the damaged skin when applied on it.
- Probiotic yogurt: Another natural way for the exposed skin care is the use of yogurt. The plain yogurt is full of probiotic and thus is very helpful in treating the sun burnt and damaged skin. The enzymes present in yogurt fasten the healing process of the skin.
- Cool cucumber: There is always a reason as to why cucumber becomes favourite fruit in the summer time. This natural cooler provides instant relief from the scorching effects of the sun rays. Cucumber helps in soothing the skin and also acts as a source of anti-oxidants which helps in healing the skin. Just like potatoes, cucumber can be applied in any way – you can rub a slice of cucumber on the exposed skin. You can also apply the cucumber pulp or juice for the faster results.
- After sun burn, we should now focus on the milder skin related problem associated with the exposure to sun – tanning of the skin. Yes, tanning is another major skin related problem that gives nightmares to millions of people, especially girls all around the world. Though there are several cosmetics and other chemical based products that can help you to get rid of the sun tan, the use of these chemicals can be harmful for the skin in the wrong run. Similarly, the beauty parlour treatments do not provide permanent solution. We will discuss the home remedies that can help you get rid of the sun tan naturally.
Remedies to Cure SUN TAN
- Rose, cucumber and lemon face pack: This face pack works wonders in removing the tan as well as in keeping the pimples at bay. The lemon acts as natural bleaching agent because of its acidic properties. On the other hand, rose water and cucumber acts natural coolants and soothes the skin. Make this pack by mixing all three ingredients in equal quantities and apply using cotton. This easy face pack can be applied everyday when you get back home after the day’s long work.
- Milk and turmeric help: If you looking for a natural scrubber for your skin in summers, your search ends here. Mix tablespoon of turmeric along with gram flour and use milk to make a paste. Apply it on your face and let it dry. You can then moist the pack with the help of water and scrub your skin with this pack to get rid of the tan easily.
- Honey and papaya: Papaya is well known for its skin related benefits like renewal of the skin, exfoliating and skin whitening. Honey, on the other hand helps in moisturization of the skin and keeps the skin soft. Mash papaya and honey mix help in renewing the skin by removing the tan.
- Lemon, yogurt and tomato: This pack is extremely useful for the people suffering from the pigmentation and dark spots on the face along with the sun tan. Tomato, lemon and yogurt- all three of them have citric properties and thus they act as natural bleaching agents for the skin. The juice of tomato also works as skin toner and works by reducing the pores of the skin hence controlling the oil levels.
- Oatmeal exfoliation: By now, we already know that oatmeal work as very good exfoliating agent for the skin. For tan removal also, take the help of oatmeal and butter milk as it has the soothing properties. Oatmeal exfoliates the skin and helps in the removal of the dead skin cells and black heads.
- Yogurt with orange juice:The richness of Vitamin C in the orange juice helps in fighting the skin blemishes. Collagen, present in the orange helps in slowing down the process of skin ageing and helps in tightening the skin. Adding yogurt in orange juice helps in keeping the skin well moisturized and supple.
- Milk cream with strawberry: this delicious combination will help you get beautiful skin. The agents present in strawberry help in reducing the freckles and skin pigmentation. Strawberry also helps in improving the complexion of the skin.
- Almond oil with honey and milk powder: Milk powder not only helps in reducing the tan removal but it helps in providing the clear tone and texture to the skin. Honey and almond oil acts as moisturizing agents.
- Coconut Water with Sandalwood pack: Sandalwood is being used for over thousand years for treating the skin ailments. Sandalwood acts as natural cleanser for skin and helps in removing the dead skin cells along with other impurities. Coconut water helps in removing the skin blemishes as well as blisters.
- Saffron pack: Saffron is used in skin care techniques from hundreds of years. Saffron helps in naturally brightening the skin, removal of tan and fighting off the pimples and acne. Soak up the few strands of saffron the fresh cream for overnight and then apply the pack for beautiful skin.
- Pineapple face Mask: Along with delicious tropical fruits, pineapple is also known for its skin related benefits. The enzymes present in pineapple help in removal of the dead skin cells especially from the tanned areas. The richness of Vitamin C in pineapple helps in reduction of freckles, fine lines as well as wrinkles. Thus, pineapple helps in combating the ageing of the skin. Application of pineapple pulp along with honey acts as a great face mask for complete skin care.