Dry skin on hands and feet looks very dull and unattractive. A proper skincare routine can help us to achieve soft and smooth skin. Dry skin condition arises mainly due to lack of proper hydration and adequate nutrition in our body. To keep our hands and feet healthy, it is essential to exfoliate skin regularly and massage with moisture rich ingredients. Our hands and feet are exposed to dust, pollution and harmful ultraviolet radiations every day. These can harm our skin and leads to dry patches on skin. But with few simple dry skin remedies, these problems can be solved easily. Here are few such remedies discussed below:
For dry skin on hands:
- To cure dry skin on hands, exfoliating is an important step. A mixture of gram flour, lemon and honey makes a good exfoliating scrub and helps to remove dead skin cells and dirt. Regular usage gives a healthy and glowing skin. This scrub also lightens skin tone with regular use and promotes cell regeneration.
- Apply turmeric and yogurt mask all over your hands and let it sit till the mask dries up. Wash off gently. Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and heals wounds and scars. It also helps to brighten skin tone, cure allergies and rashes. Yogurt acts as a nourishing mask and treats dry skin on hands
- Apply milk cream with few drops of rose water on hands focusing on dry patches. Use this mixture as a natural moisturizer daily and you will get soft and supple skin in no time. Glycerin and petroleum jellies are also wonderful home remedies for dry skin.
- Oil massage is also essential for dry skin. Apply almond oil on your hands and massage gently. Take a wet tissue paper and wipe off the oil. This will help to remove dirt from the skin and at the same time provide proper nourishment to dry skin cells.
For Dry Skin on Feet:
- The skin on our feet is firmer than the skin on our hands. Hence we need to use a stronger exfoliating agent to get rid of dry skin on feet. Add some salt to honey and exfoliate your feet well. This will help to remove dry skin cells and even out skin surface.
- Prepare a mask using a mashed avocado and mix it with two tablespoons of honey. Apply this mask on your feet and wash it off with cold water after 20 minutes. The mask is very hydrating and will soothe dry and irritated skin on feet.
- Keep your feet moisturized always, use petroleum jelly and massage well twice a day. Wear socks to prevent cracked heels due to dryness.
- Massage feet with almond oil or coconut oil focusing on cuticles and heels to get well nourished and soft feet.
- Whenever you shave your legs, exfoliate well before shaving and moisturize well after shaving to prevent rashes and irritation. If rashes occur apply ice cubes directly on the affected areas.
Dry skin makes us feel uneasy due to irritation and pain. Proper hydration from time to time can avoid dry skin conditions and give us soft and glowing hands and feet. Covering hands and feet properly while going out can protect them from harsh environment like cool wind in winter or harmful sunrays in summer. Drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water in a day will keep you hydrated. These natural remedies are sure to moisturize skin and ease dry skin problems.