Herbal Skincare Remedies
Our skin acts as a defense mechanism to eliminate various external as well as internal imbalances of our body. Sometimes when our skin cannot fight these imbalances, we can depend on herbal skincare remedies. These remedies are widely followed because they are safe to use on all types of skin and are used for centuries. Herbal skincare remedies are those remedies which involve the use of various common and rare herbs for treating skin problems. Here are some amazing herbal skincare remedies to get clear skin naturally:
- Argan Oil: Argan oil traces its origin from Morocco. This oil is rich in fatty acids and vitamin E and is non-greasy. It is extremely beneficial to improve the texture of hair and skin. Take few drops of oil in your palm and massage it on your face and neck using gentle motions. It is well known as one of the best dry skin remedies. Regular use will make your skin glowing and provide proper nourishment. Argan oil also helps in treating acne problems and healing irritated skin. It is also used to prevent stretch marks post pregnancy and tighten skin.
- Cocoa Butter: Cocoa butter comes from cacao beans found inside cacao pods of the cacao tree. Cocoa butter is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids. It can be used in winters as a moisturizer to get rid of dry skin on hands and feet. Cocoa butter is used to treat skin problems like eczema and psoriasis. Cocoa butter is widely used in skincare and cosmetic products because of its moisturizing benefits and amazing scent. They are used in making lip butters, creams and moisturizers. Cocoa butter heals scars and soothes razor burns.
- Witch Hazel: Witch hazel is used in herbal skincare for its numerous benefits. It is a derived from the bark of North American witch hazel shrubs. It is widely used as a natural cleanser and toner for skin. Witch hazel acts as natural astringent and helps to remove excessive dirt and oil from face. It also helps to fade blemishes from skin with regular usage. It helps puffiness around eyes and soothes tired eyes and reduces dry skin around eyes. Witch hazel can be used to stop bleeding from minor cuts and wounds. It also cools down sunburns and ease pain caused by bug bites.
- Calendula: Calendula is a plant which bears flowers and originates from northern Mediterranean countries. Calendula is used in making antiseptic creams and lotions and helps in curing wounds. It has antibacterial properties and heals bacterial infections. It is also believed to cure blemishes and reduce brighten skin tone.
- Lavender: Lavender is native to mountainous zones of the Mediterranean regions. It is widely used in aromatherapy. Lavender shrubs bear violet scented flowers. It is used in soothing nerves and reduces anxiety, reduces acne, pigmentation and bacterial infections on skin. It relieves irritated and itchy skin and cures eczema. It is also used in treating wrinkles on skin. Add Lavender oil to egg yolk and prepare an anti- ageing mask. It also helps to tighten skin as it acts as a natural skin toner; induces good sleep and can cure insomnia.
- Chamomile: Chamomile plants are native to Asia and Europe and are used in preparing chamomile tea which has antioxidant and healing properties and can cure problems like insomnia, tiredness, dull skin, eye puffiness. It can be used as a natural skin toner to shrink large pores and tighten skin naturally.
- Peppermint: Peppermint oil is commonly used in skincare. It is very refreshing and is used in bath water to get rid of tiredness, treating migraine and soothing acne. Peppermint oil also reduces pimples and lightens pigmentation and improves complexion.
Herbal skincare remedies are always safe and reliable and are used in medical treatments and aromatherapy. Herbal ingredients are full of goodness of nature and give a natural glow to face. Use the remedies listed above to pamper your skin naturally.