Healthy skin is an asset for every woman. No make-up can beat the clear and glowing skin. To achieve such flawless skin tone, one should have and maintain a proper skin care regimen. One important fact that should be kept in mind is that one skin care regimen is not applicable to all skin types.
Basic Skin Care Tips for All Types of Skin
Every skin type has different necessity and the necessities need to be catered. Skin can be oily, dry, normal or a combination of two types of skin. This is a generic classification. Skin can also be differentiated into mature or young skin. Every skin type requires different types of skin care. It is important to stick to certain skin care tips to achieve the best skin care. Here are the best skin care tips that are applicable to all skin types:
- Drink sufficient amount of water: Water cleanses your body’s system and flushes out toxins and helps you glow from inside. Intake of fruit and vegetable juices also nourishes your skin. They are rich in skin vitamins that protect your skin from free radicals.
- Cleanse your skin gently without being too aggressive. Being too aggressive during cleansing can destroy the protective layer of your skin exposing it to harmful elements present in the environment. Use milk to cleanse your skin or any other pH-neutral makeup remover.
- Skin is extremely thin and fragile around the eyes and lips. Special care needs to be taken to maintain these areas. It is vital to note that, these are the most delicate areas of our skin.
- Exfoliation is a must: Once or twice a week, exfoliate your skin thoroughly but gently. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells that accumulate on the top layer of your skin. This helps in revealing fresh glowing skin.
- Moisturize your skin. Even oily skin needs adequate hydration. Without moisturization, skin ends up being dry and wrinkly. Oily skin ends up being more oily and prone to acne without healthy exfoliation.
- Use a sunscreen. Using a sunscreen is the basic anti-aging skin care step that one can take. It protects your skin from sun’s harsh rays and prevents the first signs of aging.
If one follows the above skin care tips religiously then definitely they can have healthy skin throughout the year.
Routine for Organic Skin Care:
It is important to choose the right skin care products to have the best skin care regimen.Organic skin care is the most effective and cost-effective way to pamper your skin. Instead of spending on expensive chemical-based cosmetic products, one can always choose to opt for organic skin care by using fruits, vegetables and herbs to take care of their skin. One may doubt the potentialities of the natural ingredients and hence one can opt for a week’s time and implement organic skin care routine.
Nature has a solution for all skin care problems and if you have healthy skin already, then nature pampers your skin with its natural ingredients. The basic and ideal skin care regimen includes cleansing, toning, and hydration. We suggest exfoliation too but only once or twice a week. Here is a list of natural skin care products:
- Cleanser: If you want to remove make-up, simply dip a cotton ball in some raw milk and wipe your face clean. Every trace of make-up can be removed using raw milk. You don’t need to maintain a separate eye makeup remover also as milk gently clears up all kinds of make-up from your face. To remove any other traces of impurity or make-up, mix some milk with gram flour and cleanse your skin with the mixture.
- Exfoliator: Mix some baking soda with water and mildly scrub your face. Do not get aggressive as it may affect your skin’s texture. Rinse off with cool water and pat dry.
- Toner: Mix one part of Apple Cider vinegar with 9 parts of water. Refrigerate it and use it as a toner for your skin. If you have sensitive skin, you can skip this and opt for rose-water instead. Apple cider has skin toning and antibacterial properties.
- Moisturization : Moisturize your skin with a heavy moisturizer (for dry skin) or oil-free moisturizer of your choice. You can also opt for olive oil to moisturize your skin. It doesn’t clog your pores. Use a small amount of it and massage into your skin.
Special Skin Care Tips According To Your Varied Problems:
For blemish-prone skin, special care needs to be taken. For acne, a mixture of cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, and honey can be an ideal treatment. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse it off with cool water. You can also leave it on overnight to work on your skin. To clear up acne scars, use a mixture of lemon juice and honey on your skin. Regular use will clear up the acne scars slowly. A face pack made of mashed banana can do wonders for your skin if you are looking for a solution to your dull and dehydrated skin. This face pack is especially recommended on hot summer days. It helps in removing tan and refreshes your skin.
To maintain a fresh look throughout the day, carry a spray bottle of rose water. Spray it on your face and make your skin come alive again even on a dull day. Drink lots of fruit juices and smoothies as they add the glow to your skin.
Organic skin care: Organic skin care makes sure your skin is not exposed to harsh chemicals and continues to maintain its natural texture. Apart from skin care regimen, a healthy life is important. Stress also causes loads of skin problems like acne. Meditate to remain stress-free. Sweat it out at the gym or perform yoga to clean up your skin pores. Sweating is healthy as it helps in flushing out toxins beneath your skin. Maintain clean hands and avoid touching your face.. Experiment with fashion and hairstyle but never experiment with skin care. Opt for a skin care regimen that your skin prefers. Experimenting with new chemical-based products and cosmetics will only cause harm. Opt for natural skin care and go organic!