Taking care of acne-prone skin!
Skin is the largest sense organ of our body and the most important one. It is the basic protection system that our body has and hence needs be taken care of skilfully. It is important to understand what your skin loves and what it doesn’t to make sure it continues protecting your body. Originally skin is smooth and soft but as we grow up, it matures and responds to various bodily and environmental changes and reacts. This leads to acne-prone skin.
Acne-prone skin is very sensitive and needs to be taken care of very tenderly. It is important to go to a dermatologist if one faces severe acne related problems. Some people avoid doing that and don’t consider skin problems as medical issues. However, effective home remedies for acne can be also relied upon to make sure skin stays fine and recovers well from acne without any side-effects. Home remedies for acne can be implemented by using regular natural stuff from your dining table or kitchen. They are cheaper and effective means to treat your skin.
Top 10 Natural Remedies for acne:
Here is a list of top home remedies for acne prone skin. They don’t have any kind of side-effects and makes your skin attractive, soft and supple.
- Yogurt: Mix one teaspoonful of yoghurt with one teaspoon of honey and apply it all over your face. Yoghurt has lactic acid that loosens dead skins and refreshes your skin. The lactic acid also fights the acne-causing bacteria. Honey is known for its moisturising and anti-microbial properties. Leave on the potion for 15-20 mins and wash it off to reveal glowing skin. Regular usage will give you clearer skin.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a strong anti-bacterial agent. It also improves blood circulation. Mix a half teaspoonful of cinnamon with a teaspoonful of honey and apply only to affected areas. You can leave it on overnight for better effectiveness. This mixture will reduce the size of your pimples overnight. Use it daily or at least thrice a week to see visible results.
- Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is a very powerful anti-acne home remedy. Drink a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm water every morning to detox your body naturally. This gives your clear skin. Application of diluted apple cider vinegar in place of your regular toner will give you acne-free skin. It makes your skin alkaline and makes it tough for acne-causing bacteria to sustain. Do not forget to moisturise your skin after apple cider vinegar as your skin will tend to be dry and stretchy after application.
- Egg: Egg whites are rich in proteins and vitamins and are an excellent home remedy for the treatment of acne scars. The smell may bother some people, but it is one of the most potent treatments. One needs to whip egg white of 2-3 eggs and apply it on the entire face. Wash it off with cold water and pat dry. Regular use clears your skin and makes it glowing.
- Strawberry Pulp: Strawberries are delicious to eat and are equally loved by your skin. It is a rich source of salicylic acid and hence the toughest enemy of acne. Strawberry pulp weakens dead skin cells and removes them, unclogs pores and clears your skin. Make a pulp of fresh strawberries and apply the pulp on your face, Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes and rinse it off. Regular use will definitely reveal a clear complexion.
- Lemon: Nothing better than pure lemon juice! Dab some pure lemon juice and leave it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse it off. Dilute it with water if concentrated juice causes irritation. It zaps out acne and is known as the best home remedy for acne overnight!
- Garlic: Garlic is a widely used kitchen herb and has very strong anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It has a very strong pungent smell, but it definitely destroys the bacteria present in your skin. Dab some garlic juice on the areas affected by acne. Dilute the juice with water as it may burn your skin. Sensitive skin should strictly avoid this home remedy. Leave it on for few minutes and wipe it off. Your acne will vanish with regular use of garlic treatment.
- Tea tree oil is a widely known anti-bacterial essential oil and is one of the best treatments for acne-prone skin. Blend one part of tea tree oil, with nine parts of water.Soak a cotton ball in the mixture and apply to the affected areas. Leave it on overnight. Watch the size of the lesions decrease overnight like magic!
- Banana peel is rich in minerals that can aid to your skin care regimen. All you need to eat a ripe banana and rub its peel all over your face. Once you have covered the entire face, you need to let the extracts sit on your face for 30-40 mins. Rinse it off with cool water and pat dry. You will see a remarkable difference in the texture of your skin with regular use.
- Aloe vera is one of the most soothing ingredients for your skin. Fresh Aloe Vera gel comforts your skin, reduces inflammation and heals lesions quickly. To cure acne-prone skin all you need is some fresh gel, extracted from aloe vera. Use enough amount of gel to cover entire face. Leave it on overnight or for 20 to 30 minutes and rinse it off. You will see noticeable results with regular use.
Acne-prone skin is very sensitive and needs to be treated very delicately. It is also important to stay healthy from inside to appear beautiful from outside. Digestion issues also lead to breakouts on the skin. Drink 8-10 glasses of water to have a healthy digestive system and detoxify your body. This ensures toxins do not cause acne on your skin. Work-out regular as sweating it out helps in cleansing your skin pores naturally. It is important to have a daily skin care regimen and follow it strictly.
Use products that your skin loves. In the case of severe acne, always consult a doctor in order to avoid severe acne conditions.